Saturday, October 8, 2011

Conquering clutter!

So, yet another week has quickly come and gone! I feel like things are finally starting to turn around. I no longer suffer from CHAOS, (can't have anyone over syndrome...taken from www.flylady.net), and am feeling confident that I am winning the battle over my clutter! I'm trying to prepare my home for a Thirty-One Open House. Next Saturday, I will have my first party as a consultant, and everything has to be perfect! I've been a bit on the ditzy side, though, trying to prepare. Yesterday, I sent out email invitations, with the WRONG date! LOL! Talk about embarrassing! Hopefully, I will recover gracefully! =P
I started in my office/dining room/music room with the purging. Anything I haven't used in the last six months quickly found the trash can. It seems like this area of my house is the catch all. Bills, school papers, junk mail, and junk in general didn't stand a chance! It was a bit difficult to toss certain things. School work is especially hard. As a parent, you just want to keep everything! The solution I found to this problem was to take a pic of the important pieces, then throw it away! I did save some of my absolute favorite artwork from Tristan. I felt like I on my way to being a hoarder. I will say, once I started chucking stuff, I felt amazing! I have sooooooo much more room for my business stuff now! I think this weekend, I'll be ordering some stuff from Thirty-One to help with my organizational dilemma. I just can't have anymore clutter! I refuse to have it take over my life! It stresses me out, to the point that I don't even know where to start!
We also hit Tristan's room pretty hard this week. Poor kid had so many toys, he didn't know how to find what he wanted to play with! I managed to go through and get rid of around 5-6 garbage bags full of toys he no longer uses! The back of my car and trunk are filled to the brim. Goodwill will be happy! LOL! We took his existing toys and organized them into bins. Each group of toys has its own place. 
My next project will be to paint. I don't know that I am going to have time to do it this week, but it's got to get done. My house needed a fresh coat when we moved in, but we have never got around to doing it. We've been here almost two years already. Time to get off the pot, and get my house the way I want it. I would love for everything to be done before my party...new window blinds included, but there just isn't enough time in the day. I also need to go through my clothes, and get rid of anything I haven't worn in the last year. My goal is to have all this done before the holidays. Here's to making that happen!! 
Photobucket

1 comment: