Friday, July 22, 2011

Upside Down

Well, this week has been a roller coaster of emotions. Yesterday was absolutely AHHH-MAZING! The day started off with me plucking away at my blog, feeling as though I hadn't made much progress. This process is quite daunting. However, I managed to pull myself away from the computer shortly after the kids woke up. I had my work cut out for me, as both of my kids had a sleepover with some friends from town. I couldn't allow myself to get distracted by my new found blogging addiction. We enjoyed our morning, and after taking their friends home, I checked the mail. Finally! My package had arrived! My beautiful Coach wristlet! I earned some reward points at work (Gap Outlet) that I could turn around and shop online for something for myself. Sooooo, I saw this fab wristlet, and decided it was time to cash in my points! She was calling my name! LOL...I just love it! I would never buy something like that on my own. It's not much, but I'll definitely enjoy it! 
The day gets even better! As I am fawning over my new toy, I get a phone call from a friend. She informs me that she got her official invite to Thirty-One Gifts to be a consultant, and that I should check my e-mail for my invite. Sure as the sun, it's there! The wait is OVER!! YAY ME!! I can hardly wait to get started!! I'll let everyone know more about it, as soon as I know more! OH, HAPPY DAY! Please do contact me if you are interested in hostessing a show! You can get some free stuff, and who doesn't love free?! 
After happy dance #2, I settled down and decided I needed to get to the store, and also finish packing my daughter, Bailee. She headed to Texas this afternoon to meet up with her dad. =( While the boys stayed home, we went on our way. Grocery shopping is always a bit overwhelming for me, but with Bailee by my side, it makes it fun! My ADD usually kicks in hard at the store, and I get scatter brained. Though, I forgot a couple things, all in all we made out great! I didn't even have a list...I know, it's shameful! I forgot that at home. Oh, how I am going to miss my sweet girl. She just makes me so happy. Normally, I would have been crazy upset at myself for forgetting my shopping list, but with her help, I felt like I could still enjoy the rest of my day! While at the store, we bought stuff to make "Puppy Chow!" You know, the Chex Muddy Buddies recipe? Anyways, we quickly whipped some out. HOW YUMMY!! It was the perfect ending to a perfect day! After that, we finished getting her packed up for her trip. She's becoming such a beautiful young lady. As I packed her clothes, I realized how much she has changed. She's no longer is into Disney Princesses or playing with Barbies. She's becoming more and more independent, and it's so hard to let go of that little girl. I see so much of me in her. That terrifies me! She's a great kid, though...we are so very blessed! I'm already missing her company, and she hasn't even been gone but twelve hours. 
This morning was rough. Tristan got very upset that his sister was leaving. I felt terrible for him. He's such a softy! We hit the road, and got her to the airport by 11:00 am. She was in the air by 12:55, and I was devastated. I was happy for her that she was going...she was super excited! But, I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed that she was leaving. Our family isn't complete without her. We will be meeting up with her while on our trip back to Kansas and New Mexico in August. We are all so ready for a vacation!
It's been a crazy couple of days. I feel happy, sad, excited...it's hard to really know how to feel! I'm most definitely ready to see what tomorrow brings. =P 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment